Keeping Perspective

 


Welcome back from Spring Break!

If you're like me, it was way too short.  About the time I started finding my center and remembering to breathe, it was ending.  But, just because break is ending doesn't mean our perspectives should shift.  What perspective were you able to find during break?  I remembered that it's better for me (and my students) if I put self-care first.  

How long did that perspective last?  About 5 minutes.  Actually, it would have lasted about that long, but I ended up scheduling an early lunch with a friend that I've been out of touch with during the pandemic.  Normally I dive head first into work and knock out as much as possible on Mondays.  But, with an early lunch planned, I only got a few things done before having to leave to make the date. And, it was the best thing that could have happened.  I had a leisurely lunch for about 2 hours and then returned fresh to deal with my to do list.  I'm now very quickly crossing things off.  And, the best part - I'm crossing things off in a calm, centered, and non-flustered manner.  I'm even taking the time to sit out on the patio with the laptop rather than confining myself to the desk.  I'm more efficient, less stressed, and simply enjoying everything more.  

So, for this week - I encourage everyone to remember what's important to them. A job is a job.  A class is a class.  None of it is the end of the world or the sum of who you are.  You are all so much more than that. Find your passion, and just take some time to enjoy life this week. Invest your time and energy in things that are truly important to you.  Remember:  If it won't matter in 5 years, don't waste 5 minutes worrying about it.  Get the job done, and move on.


"You are totally replaceable at work.  You're not replaceable at home. Home is your real life. Keep that perspective - always."  - Source unknown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midterm Chaos

Stressed....? Who's stressed????